Πολεμος πατηρ παντων
FoundingIt was founded on the 15th of May 1973, in the Geological Institute of Hungary (Budapest), by a few young geologists, headed by Dr. Csaba Detre.
AimFree discussion of the theory of the evolution of the living world.
MethodFree presentation and discussion of the most different views, disregarding the official ideology, the Marxism-Leninism, in a tolerant and friendly atmosphere. Interdisciplinary approach was an evidence to the participants from the very beginning.
DifficultiesThe Circle was one of the first intellectual workshops of alternative thinking in Hungary. The mis-trust of the competent party organs could be overcome thanks to the help of the Direction of the Institute.
DevelopmentIn the 80-ies the thematic field was enlarged to embrace virtually the entire philosophy sensu lato. More and more people joined who were not employees of the Institute, amateurs and even professional philosophers. Environmental protection came to the fore.
Civil OrganizationAfter the regime change, in 1991, the Philosophical Circle was formally registered as a civil organization.
ArrangementsMeetings were held virtually every week, usually on Fridays. Once or twice a year a full-day thematic conference was organized. The overall number of presentations has been up to 2.500.
BranchesCountryside branches were created:
Tokaj-Gegend (István Géczy) 1993
Sopron-Ödinburg (József Agócs) 1994
Bugac (Andrew Bánhidi) 1994
Alcsútdoboz (Ferenc Halász) 1997
Szekszárd (Tibor Horváth) 2005
PublicationsAnnals 1993, 1997, 2000, 2003. (in Hungarian)
President: Dr. Csaba Detre
E-mail address: click here
Foundation for Interdisciplinary ResearchProgramme:
- Establishing the finantial basis for environmental research projects set up for solving complex environmental problems.
- Coordination the activity of individual scinetific investigations.
- The Foundation intends to publish the results of these investigations.
- The Foundation supports individual research fellows as well as research groups by announcing tenders and organizing scientific conferences and meetings.
- The Foundation is open for all scientific disciplines associated with environmental investigations or representing any subject of public interest.
AKTUÁLIS PROGRAMOK 2010-ben A VITAKÖR TÖRTÉNETE FACSIMILE TÁR
HANGZÓANYAG ARCHÍVUM KÉPEK A FILOZÓFIAI VITAKÖR TÖRTÉNETÉBŐL
ELŐADÁSOK KONFERENCIÁK X=Y, azaz EXTRATERRESTRIAL TÉMÁK
ALAPÍTVÁNY & PARTNEREK KITÜNTETÉSEK
TAGJAINK NÉVSORA TAGJAINK-ELŐADÓINK ARCKÉPEI KAPCSOLAT-FELVÉTEL